Followers x

Friday 31 August 2012

80th Birthday Card x2

Here's my second 80th commission card ... different as chalk and cheese ?? !! ??
I got out my Promarkers (covered in dust !! - not really HONEST lol !!!)  but they haven't seen the light of day for a while and I suddenly realised I have sooo missed colouring ...
... but that must mean my stress levels are low which is good for my heart at least !! 
This little lady is a Sarah Kay I love her !!
I made my card using a vintage frame stepper card  from Which card? 
They are wonderful and so easy to make up.
I have used Tim Holtz Tea dye and Vintage Photo distress inks to soften the stark whiteness of the card and lace along with some peachy vintage papers. 
Even the swirls come in the card kit and I have Frantaged them along with the frame. 


The scalloped edge of the frame is decorated with WOC and other purchased flowers (gasp !! not a single hand made flower here except the tiny punched ones !!), with some tiny punched butterflies and dragon flies hiding here and there.
I made a beaded pin and added some pearls to finish. 

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - Frames and Borders 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, well done you, this is gorgeous! The warm, almost autunmal colours are lovely, thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image! You did a great job of putting this car together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card...love this image ..pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. what agorgeous card she will love it to bits i do..love the colour combo too fab work hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I'm possible!"- Audrey Hepburn