Followers x

Monday 17 September 2012

Monday is challenge day at FCCB !!

This weeks FCCB challenge is about celebrating our favourite Summer memories so appropriate as the UK appears to be bypassing Autumn and heading straight for Winter !! 
It's cold, dark and miserable as I sit here writing this scheduled post.
Anyways, less whining ... more crafting ...

Challenge # 129
Make a project that reminds you of summer ...
Our challenge runs from 0800 Monday until 2400 Sunday US Mountain time 

As always please drop by and visit the DT here, amazing projects ladies x


I always think of strawberry picking when I think of fabulous summer afternoons and there is nothing nicer than a bowl of strawberries, sugar and cream ... yumm !!
I had a matting and layering moment with this one using some pink freebie papers and red Papermania textured card.
I used  Cricut Simply Charmed Cartridge and cut the bowl at 10cms. 
The elements all re size automatically and I cut the strawberries in 2 slightly different reds and embossed some of them for added definition. 
I also embossed the shine on the bowl and two the green stalks.


I cut the shadow outline in white and embossed it with Stampendous Shabby pink powder.  
I used a mixture of more Shabby pink powder and Perfect pearls to decorate, with some red gems.
The letters are cut from Lyrical Letters and at a mere 5mm height they still cut perfectly - I've  used a Quickie glue pen to stick them down.
The bowl has some sparkly trim to finish.


Roll on summer .... lol 

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous summery card Nikki. Love the strawberries. Have a great day.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki! such a cute card and you are exactly right! Nothing is like summer than a bowl full of warm fresh stawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Nikki, beautiful card, lovely strawberrys pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so loving that trim! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Nikki. Your strawberries look scrummy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I'm possible!"- Audrey Hepburn