Followers x

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Anything Goes Challenge 86 Vintage /Shabby x

Happy Tuesday !!
Today starts a new challenge over at the

We are going vintage/shabby for this fortnights challenge so please pop over and see all the amazing DT projects and then share yours with us !!
I have opted for browns, gold and copper for my card this time around.
The base is 8"x8" and covered with textured chocolate paper,
I had flowers in mind to go with the beautiful stamp which I adore but have no idea who it was made by ...silly me !! Any offers??
 I started by embossing the image with a copper Versa mark ink pad and clear embossing powder. 
I used Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone embossing round the edges and distressing the edges with my Tim Holtz tool after I had done this, I ripped one edge and curled another to add to the vintage feel.
The beautiful die cuts are the new Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 along with the amazing 5x7 card creator basics A ....both coming to the UK very soon!! The sentiment is cut with the smallest decorative elements labels 8.
My side panel is made with a strip of gold paper over laid with "holey" cream mulberry paper. I made the bow from more mulberry and a piece of white tulle blotted with the copper ink. 
My key was very brassy so I inked and embossed it making it tone in much better and secured it with twine.
Flowers are my very favorite favorites lol so I spent ages die cutting and rolling the Spellbinder dies and added some of my new Cheery Lynn butterflies to finish my card. 

Please pay a visit to Lynn's on line shop The Craft Den where you can purchase many of the crafty treasures used in my cards.
Bye for now

16 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki

    Ooooh your vintage/shabby chic creation is absolutely stunning... I love the fabulous image and all the fab details... including your gorgeous flowers!

    Sorry I couldn't get chance to join in this time!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Nikki,
    I LOVE THIS!!!!!! Seriously, this is my fav colour combination and perfct here!!1 You have included so much detail into this card. The flowersmust have taken an age to create but are sooooo worth it as they are stunning additios. Love the entire design, wonderful!!!1
    forgot to add my close up shots!! will add later. LOl
    Hugs xx
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Calamity. Thanks so much for becoming my newest follower. I'm so glad you did or I probably wouldn't have found your blog. Your work is stunning and this card is absolutely fabulous.

    I knew I had this stamp, so I've just rooted through my mega box of unused wood blocks to find it. It's by Stampendous from 2001. I found so many gorgeous and forgotten stamps, you've inspired me to get on and use some. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lorraine, I am pleased you have found some forgotten treasures too, I was searching for Pro-marker inspiration and fell in love with your gorgeous creations I absolutely love your bird house x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Calamity (love that name, lol). I'll look forward to watching your Promarker progress.

      Delete
  5. Hi Niki I love everything about your card so not sure where to start! The image is gorgeous, the flowers beautiful and the colours!!
    Fabulous creation hugs Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niki
    I came across your blog through Lorraines..... lol. I love this card, I also have this stamp and never used it for ages, but did use it alot when I first got it. I love how you've got quite a lot on this card, but it doesn't look cluttered at all, it's perfect!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Love the colourscheme (I'm in a brown phase at the mo) and the cream added in really makes the card stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WOW this is gorgeous, the flowers are stunning and the overall card looks so vintage and shabby chic. I have to admit this was my first vintage style challenge, I love when I see what everyone else does but I can't seem to get it right lol. DT hugs :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear friend....you have created a beautiful card! I love all of your details. It is truly a piece of art. Not just a card!!!

    Hugs,
    Janea
    Recollection Alley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Nikki. Lovely colour combination and the stamp is gorgeous. The flowers are so pretty too.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi nikki, gorgeous card, love the image, colour, and fab design..pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Dear! Love this card, the image, the papers, the embellishments and every single thing about it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooooooo beautiful Nikki! I love dress forms and yours is exquisite! Fabulous flower arrangement, too, apart from the great vintage feel! Thanks for your sweet comment, have a lovely weekend, hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant creation.Love those handmade flowers of yours..the brown color makes them look so velvety and beautiful
    Thank you so much for dropping by my blog earlier and appreciating my
    Heart Shaped Box

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nikki, stunning card love the vintage and shabby chic feel to it. Great handmade flowers too!!
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I'm possible!"- Audrey Hepburn