Followers x

Sunday 6 May 2012

Sending lots of love your way x

A very good friend of mine just lost her sister -  here is the card I made for her ....... They are always so hard to get right....just hope I managed it for her
 xhugsx 

I used a 6"x6" white linen card blank, (lightly blending antique linen distress ink around all the edges) a really nice size and texture to say enough - but not too much!!
  I would have preferred a happier occasion to play with my new Fran-tage embossing enamels and fragments but special ladies deserve special cards so having decided to use this beautiful découpage cross from Reddy Craft (Crafter's Companion) I set about making it unique ....just like them x 

 The picture doesn't pick it up well but I glazed the cross and flowers and then matted them on gun metal mirror card. I added a little antique gold Fran-tage embossing enamel and grey pearls.

I cut the jute fabric to size, frayed the edges and sprinkled antique gold, antique silver and clear embossing enamels onto it adding some taupe fragments and fine glass glitter - it goes everywhere but looks fabulous as it melts.
I did the same to the bottom left corner of the card blank and assembled it.
I embossed the sentiment in a much lighter gold glitter cosmic shimmer's embossing powder so it was much more subtle than the rest of the card and matted on the "wonk" with 2 more pearls.  

Another friend is hand delivering my card tomorrow when she visits, (some of us are working as usual :-( !!) I do hate trusting them to Royal Mail .......x

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and just perfect!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina, Thank you X I just had a text from her she loves it and is starting to feel much better(big sigh of relief) x

      Delete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I'm possible!"- Audrey Hepburn