Followers x

Monday 4 March 2013

FCCB Challenge #151 Bye Bye Birdie

Happy Monday !!
Happy March - Spring is in the air !!

FCCB's new challenge is 
#151 Bye Bye Birdie

It's a special one because we have 12 new ladies on our design team, although sadly that means we said bye bye to several of our lovely ladies

Please pop round to the FCCB blog and take a look at this weeks fabulous projects and then come and play along with us 


I have been messing around with some new toys this week, my get well soon present to me !!
Among them are some gorgeous Distress Inks, these ones's are Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass - BEAUTIFUL !! Thank  goodness for the internet and on line shopping in times of crisis lol

I made this card from a white landscape A5 blank and inked the edges randomly with the 2 colours, they blend amazingly well together
The first layer is white textured card stock inked with Tumbled Glass and stamped with my new Kaisercraft "Crackle" stamp, (I am stunned by the size and quality given the low price) in Shabby Shutters


I inked the opposite way round for the panel and placed a strip of Ice White card behind it, this card gives a much lighter and even effect once the ink dries


I used Straight from the Nest for all my Cricut cuts using the Ice White card, the birds are inked in Vintage Photo and layered up with tiny foam pads 

Super Simple card but lots of messy fun to make 

15 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki

    This is fabulous .. .. love all the techniques and those cute little bird cages.

    Great colour combo too.

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful card, you`ve used wonderful colors and shapes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Nikki! Love all the detail with the inking. Nicely done my friend, nicely done!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki this is so elegant!! Love those sweet little bird cages, very beautiful !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love all the inky detail,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Nikki. I love the bird cages and the design and colour scheme are fab.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Nikki! I love the stamping and ink details. Very nice touch!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card. I have that cartridge and I need to get some work on ....

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Nikki, I like the 3 cages in a row!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an artist's eye for sure. I love your use of ink and texture. I need to learn how to use ink better! I love this elegant card!

    Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
    I would love to have you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love the look of all the inking you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your project! Gorgeous! Looking forward to getting to know you as a fellow DT member for FCCB!
    Ro
    rodonner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so elegant. Cindy FCCB DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! This cart is on my wish list! You did a great job with the challenge, and I am excited to be on the DT with you!

    Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I'm possible!"- Audrey Hepburn